Saturday, March 27, 2010

A University Friend


I received a call from a private number. I could not see the phone number. Thus, I did not know who was calling. When I picked up, it was a man's voice. He said, "*****, do you remember me?" His voice was familiar but I could not recall. I said, "Hmm... who are you?" Then, he told me his name. I remembered him. He was one of my close friends when I was studying in university. He came across my blog, took a glance at it and took the gist out of it. He asked about my feelings and conditions now. I told him that I would be all right. We had a long conversation. We talked about the things that happened to us after our graduation. It had been three years since we last met. I was glad to receive his call and appreciated it. I mentioned in my previous post that I did not appreciate my friends during secondary school. I think even now I still do not really know how to appreciate my friends. If I really appreciate my friends, I shall know what have happened to them recently and shall take any necessary actions. All this while I just blame others for not asking me along in any activities and taking care of my feelings. Yet, I do not even bother what have happened to the people around me and their feelings. I think the saying is true; "If you want others to care about you, you yourself should take the first step by caring the people around you."

1 comment:

  1. Agree that : If you want others to care about you, you yourself should take the first step by caring the people around you.

    ReplyDelete

 
Free Blog Promotion - Blog and Blog resource Directory