Monday, March 8, 2010

Day 2

I woke up at 6.30 am because of the last dream. I could not sleep back anymore. I wrote about my dreams in my handphone so that I would not forget the details. After that, I went to take a bath. They were still sleeping. I asked my friend, who was just awake on whether I could borrow his friend's laptop for blogging. He gave permission to me to take the laptop. I went to the room next door to take it. Then, we went for breakfast at 9.30 am. Six of us went down to the cafeteria in the lobby. One of us had to sacrify because the coupons only allowed six people to dine in. There was nothing special about the food. It was also not so delicious. We rested a while before we went back to our rooms. My friend, who did not have breakfast with us, was still sleeping. All of us except a couple, sat together and started to talk about our daily lives after attended the company training. We took some photos in one of the rooms before we checked out. We packed our belongings and checked out at 12.15 pm. Then, we went to see the Orang Utan in an isolated island. We had to take a small ferry for about 15 minutes. We took some photos there. The place was small. Next, we went to Ecopark to see animals and a performance show by three parrots, a boomerang and a monkey. Finally, we took the Chair Lift to cross the water park area. It was time to go home. We took some photos at the entrance before we went home. Then, someone suggested we went to have a lunch or a drink. We went to the same Malay stall that we went last night. My car was in the middle of the road when I wanted to cross the road but I was blocked by a bus, which coincidently moved after stopped for a while to let the passengers to alight. It was really time to go home. I was driving faster than my friend was. I was leading but I would go into every resting area along the highway to find Shell petrol station for my friend because he said he wanted to pump his car as it was running out of petrol soon. We found the petrol station at the Tapah resting area. I parked my car and let my friends, who sat my car, to go to the washroom and buy some food to eat. I went back to my car as soon as I had bought my food and gone to the washroom because my friend's laptop was in my car. I tried to start my car but it could not be started. I told my friends when they came back. They asked around for mechanic. Finally, they came back with a name card. I called the person in the name card and he said he would reach there after about 15 minutes. However, there was an Indian person, who claimed himself to be a mechanic. He said he could help me. He asked me to call the person in the name card again to tell him not to come. He asked a tow truck to come but it was expensive. The driver just drove away. He said he would use his car to tow my car. He tied a rope at the back of his car and in front of my car. I drove his car and he would drive mine. In the end, I ended up in his brother's workshop. He charged me for RM65 for the toll and the towing service. Then, his brother's mechanics were working on my car. He told me that the dynamo or the alternator might have caused the problem. He took it and brought it to a wireman whose shop was quite far from his brother's workshop. At first, he said the whole process would be around one hour but we had been waiting for one hour for the mechanics to take out the dynamo of the car. Then, he took it and went to another shop. He said he could get me a second hand dynamo if mine was spoilt. He said it should be below RM300. I was standing outside the workshop for about two hours but he had not come back. He called me and told me that the dynamo was spoilt and there was no second hand dynamo. There was only original dynamo at the shop. He told me that it would cost RM430 and I would be given RM50 discounts if I gave my old dynamo to the shop owner. I could not believe him that my dynamo was spoilt. In my mind, he was lying me. He just wanted to take my dynamo and at the same time asked me to buy an original dynamo. I told him I wanted my old dynamo back. We had been waiting for more than two hours in front of the workshop before he showing himself. After the mechanics put the dynamo on its place, he said that the battery was spoilt and it was the battery that caused the dynamo to short-circuit. If I did not change the battery, it might spoil the dynamo again. I had no choice. I had to agree to whatever he said because I was just like a "steamed fish, which would be served on the table soon". We waited for so long but the whole process really did not need one hour to be completed. It costed me RM675 for the new dynamo, battery and service charge. He still wanted to give me his name card. I still had to smile to him even though I knew that he was charged me extraordinary expensive. I still had to shake his hand and "salam" before I drove off. It was just to ensure the car was fixed and he did not endanger our lives. It was 11.30 pm when my car was ready to be used. We were hungry and thirsty. We all agreed that we would only stop when we reached Petaling Jaya area. We reached Petaling Jaya at around 1 am. I suggested we had our dinner at a "mamak" but it was so full. Then, we just bought some buns and two mineral waters. We wanted to withdraw money but the ATM was offline. Both my friend's wallet and my wallet were left with less than RM5. They wanted to sponsor me for the car maintenance. I told them that we could not divide equally as the new accessories were fixed to my car. Thus, they said they would pay me RM100 each. What an unforgettable night !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Free Blog Promotion - Blog and Blog resource Directory