Wednesday, February 26, 2014

The Power of Words...

I felt a little sorry for complaining.

The devil within and my anger had conquered me last night.

I caused someone to lose her job because of 10 cents.

YES, you did not see wrongly! Just for 10 cents!

Words can be so evil and powerful sometimes.



It was dinner time.

I walked a big round from LG to G to look for food.

I went to buy dinner for myself and for my brother at a bakery shop in TCM.

I ordered my food and the staff returned the balance to me but it was short of 10 cents.

She asked me to wait.

I was waiting for my food to be ready also.

I thought it was all right to wait.

Another customer came and ordered but too bad the customer also did not have small change.

I heard she told the same to that customer.

Later, she called me to collect my food but she told me that she still did not have 10 cents for me.

She did not take any further action and she did not even say sorry for that.

I felt annoyed.

My mind was struggling.

It seemed that there was a Devil and an Angel standing on each side of my shoulder just like in movie.

On one side, I told myself to forget about the 10 cents since it was just a tiny amount that could not be used to even buy a candy.

On the other side, I told myself to act on what I felt to be the right thing to do.

In the end, I chose to call the TCM customer service to get the contacts for lodging a complaint on this matter.



My email to TCM management team last night:

"Hi Ms. XXX,

I felt annoyed by the attitude of the staff in P.C.

I went to order 2 burgers from them that costed me RM13.60 but the lady only returned me RM6.30. (Yes I know it's a tiny amount - RM0.10)

I waited a while.

Then, I asked her whether she was going to give me another 10 cents balance.

She said there was no 10 cents in the cashier machine.

She asked me to wait.

Another male staff was preparing my food.

I waited until my burgers were ready and again she told me that she still did not have 10 cents for me.

She told me that she even owed the customer after me MORE 10 CENTS.

She did not take initiative to get some change from other shops and told us this kind of excuse.

If there are more than 200 customers a day visiting the shop and she tells all of them that she does not have 10 cents, she can easily earn at least 2000 cents/RM20.00 a day. Not to say she owes some customers more than 10 cents.

In a month, she can easily get a few hundred ringgits more... RM20++ x 30 = RM600++ besides her wages.

This is not acceptable.

I attached the receipt for your reference. 

There is the Cashier ID in the receipt: XXXX.

I am not sure this would help you in taking any action or am thinking whether you will perform any action on this or not.

I am staying here and I just do not wish to experience this kind of frustration that will affect the mood of my day.

If no action was taken, I think I may find alternatives such as blogging and sharing about this in FB etc. 

Hope to get a response to this matter from you soon."



Email from TCM management team on the next day afternoon:

"Dear XXX,

Thank you for your email.

Firstly we would like to apologize for the disappointment that you experienced while dining at P.C. recently. We assure you that your complaint and feedback will give the opportunity to remedy any problem that may exist and help to improve our mall further.

We have escalate your feedback and complaint to P.C. concerned. Meanwhile, we would appreciate if you could provide us your contact details for us to follow up.
Once again, please accept our sincere apologies.

Should you require any further assistance, you are welcome to contact us.

Best regards,
XXX
Asst. Manager – Leasing
TCM
XX-XXXXXXXX"


My response to email from TCM management team on the next day evening:

"Hi Ms. XXX,

Thank you for the response.
Appreciate on the action taken.
I just hope TCM can become a better mall even though its current shopping experience is not as competitive as the other shopping malls in the neighborhood.
It might be worsen if the services of the existing shops are not good enough.

You may reach me at XXX-XXXXXXX but I prefer to receive email instead of call especially during office hours."



A separate email from Ms. ABC (I supposed management person from P.C.) on the next day evening just an hour before my reply:

"Dear XXX,

Thanks for notification. We are truly sorry about the issue you experience while visiting p.c. @ TCM
As the staff not paying the right amount to the customer, our management has take this as a very serious incident, we will proceed with action against the staff.

In fact, our management have feedback this issue to their agent. And our management have decided to terminate the staff . We will rectify the situation as soon as possible. Once again , we apologise for this incident.

While visiting TCM, please do call me at XXX-XXXXXXX.
Hope to serve you better in near future.

With regards,

Ms. ABC"



My reply to Ms. ABC:

"Hi Ms. ABC,

When I read this, I felt a little sorry for the staff.
A warning letter should be given instead of termination (if this was just the first time).

Yet, I feel satisfied as my complaint was taken care of.
Hope TCM can be a better mall for everyone."



I felt sorry even though appropriate action was taken against the staff. . . but the staff may deserve a second chance for this. . .

I almost involved in an accident while I was driving home. 

There was a Plastic-Jersey-Barricade in the middle of the road before the Cyberjaya - Puchong toll.

I was about to collide with the Plastic-Jersey-Barricade.

I managed to slow down a little and change lane to avoid the barricade but my front bumper or wheel still hit the barricade slightly.

My chest was pain also whenever I moved my body since this morning.

I guessed this might be some of the punishment I got for causing misery to others. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Free Blog Promotion - Blog and Blog resource Directory