Sunday, February 14, 2010

My First Love continued. . .



She would be leaving soon. I was going to miss her. I did not have much time to plan for something BIG. The first thing I done for her was that I bought her favourite cheese cake from Secret Recipe a night before she flied. That night I slept earlier. Her flight was at 8 am the next day. She had to leave for the airport at 6 am. I woke up at 4.30 am. I prepared myself and got ready to go to her house. I had only been to her house once but never went inside the house. I just knew her address a few days ago from her. I asked from her indirectly. I told her that I wanted to send her a card on the next Chinese New Year. It was 5 am and it was raining at that time. It was so cold. I parked my car in front of her apartment. There was not a person in sight. I put the box containing the cake into a plastic bag because I scared it would get wet. I took the lift and walked to her unit quietly. I placed the cake at the doorway of her house. Then, I went to hide at a corner and SMS her. I told her that I had something for her and I had placed it at the doorway. I heard sounds coming from the inside of her house. Someone was opening the door. I did not see whether it was her. Then, i took the lift and went back to my car. I sat inside the car for a while to wait for her SMS. Finally, I received her SMS. She thanked me for the cake. I was so happy. I went home to sleep for a while and then prepared to go to work. I SMS her around 7.30 am to ask her whether she had reached the airport safely and told her to message me as soon as she reached Thailand.

We chat with each other through Gtalk during office hour and MSN at night for almost everyday. It had been a year since I joined. Finally, I was enrolled into the company AS400 training this month. While I was busy attending the training, I was also planning the second surprise for her. This was her first trip. She went there alone. I thought it would be nice if I could pay her a visit and accompany her. I bought an air ticket to Thailand a fortnight before I visited her. A week before I went to Thailand, I purposely did not online or SMS her. She SMS me after a few days did not see me on Gtalk and MSN. She asked me where had I been and said she missed me. I replied her that I would be online tomorrow. I did not feel nervous on the day I flied because this would be my second time to take a plane to overseas. When I reached airport, I SMS her to tell her that I would not be online today. She said I did not keep my promise. I did not reply her. A new disease called H1N1 had been spreading throughout the world at that time. My parents forbade me from going and asked me to cancel the trip but I lied them that I was going with friends and did not want to disappoint them. In fact, I was flying alone. Although this was my second time to overseas, it was my first time to travel all by myself. There were colleagues from other teams when I was on Hanoi trip. The H1N1 virus was spreading very fast even though it was said to be under control. I did not know what would happen to me. I was also not sure that I could contact her or not when I arrived. I had booked a hotel room there but I was not sure whether I could find the correct place. I did not know whether the taxi driver in Thailand could understand English or not. I was not sure whether I could get to her hotel or not. At that time, there was also riots in Thailand. I might be robbed or killed. Nonetheless, I did not care much about it. I just wanted to show my sincerity to give her support as it was her first trip and she was alone. I wanted to tell her that I missed her so much also. I wanted to see her so badly and worried she would be afraid as she was alone.

As soon as I arrived at the Suvarnabhumi Airport, I went to look for shuttle bus that could take me to the area near her hotel. I did not go there without preparing myself. I did some researches and gathered some related information before I went there. I printed the information out and brought along. After I alighted from the bus, I had to take the Skybus (similar to Malaysia LRT) to get to the nearest station that near her hotel. Deep inside, I felt a little nervous. When it was about to reach the station, I felt relief because I saw a building that was same as the building in the photo I saw in the Internet. Luckily, I managed to find her hotel. When I reached the lobby of the hotel, I SMS her to ask for her room number. She thought I was joking and wasting her SMS money. She told me her room number though. It was "1509". I took the lift and then pressed her doorbell. She was shocked and surprised. I really appeared in front of her. She was stunned for a while and did not know what to say. So, I was there. We went out to walk around. She took me to places that she visited before. We only went to several places. At first, we took the Chao Phraya river boat to go to the Royal Grand Palace. We did not enter the palace because it was quite expensive. She said there was nothing special inside as she entered before. There was a big field in the palace. We went to the temple located opposite instead. Then, she said she wanted to bring me to a place where Thai people would go there to pray every week but it was closed. We asked the guard what were the places that we could go besides this place. I gave my map to him and he began to draw circles. We thought we could walk around on foot. However, the guard was so friendly that he helped us to stop a "tuk tuk" (a motorcycle that can be used to carry two passengers at the back). He said we should take the "tuk tuk". It was quite far if we walked to the places that he circled on the map. The driver brought us to the places that we wanted to visit but after that he said he would bring us to a few additional places. He said he could earn a half tank or full tank of petrol if he could bring the tourists to visit those places that were selling souvenirs. We felt that we had taken a wrong public transport. We felt like we "siong cheh" (being taken advantage of) already. We went to two jewellery shops and a tailor shop before he set us free. Luckily, he did not harm or rob us. We paid him and alighted.

Then, we went to a few shopping malls such as MBK and Siam Paragon to look around. We had our lunch at a fast food shop. After that, we went back to her hotel to take some rest. I told her that it was time for me to go to find my hotel. It was getting late. I had to take some rest and take a bath. I would have to sleep on the street if I could not find the hotel. She said she was worried that the hotel that I booked was located at the red-light district. It might be not safe to stay there. She said there were two single beds in her room. She said I could spend a night in her room. We went to walk around in the near by area before it was getting dark. We bought our dinner at the 7-11 shop. We bought some sweets too. Then, we went back to the hotel to have our dinner. After that, I was watching television on my bed while she was surfing the Internet at the table beside her bed. We were talking to each other at the same time. Very fast, I fell asleep. It was a tiring day. Before I slept soundly, I could see that she switched off the light on my side and then continued using her laptop. I woke up at around 8 am. She was still sleeping. I went to brush my teeth, wash my face and take a bath. After I was done, she was still sleeping. I went back to my bed and tried to sleep back but I could not sleep already. I took some photos of the outside scenery from the balcony. Then, I secretly took a photo of her sleeping. Too bad that I could not capture her face because she used the blanket to cover her face. After she got ready, we went to have breakfast. She told me that the chef at the cafe treated her very nice. He always asked her whether she wanted omelet or pancake or not. I think the chef likes her. It was time for me to fly back. She accompanied me to wait for taxi. After I got into the taxi, I waved her goodbye. She gave me two heart-shaped sweets. I ate one of them. The other one I kept until now. I received her SMS telling me to message her when I reached airport. She said she was surprised to see me and it was a miracle to walk around and watch movie with me at MBK complex. Then, she SMS me again and asked me to SMS her when I reached Malaysia as well. She said she would worry about me. I reached Malaysia in the midnight. I had to go to work and continue with the training the next day. It was a tiring day. I spent around one thousand for this two days one night trip because the air ticket was expensive. There was no promotion when I bought the ticket.

To be continued. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Free Blog Promotion - Blog and Blog resource Directory