Friday, February 26, 2010

Buy Shoes during Chinese New Year?

I told my colleagues that I went to shop for shoes that day.
They said I should not buy shoes during Chinese New Year.
This is because the pronunciation of shoes in Cantonese is "hai (嗨)", which has the meaning of sigh because "hai..." or "haiz..." sounds like the sound uttered by someone who is expressing a sigh.
Thus, it is superstitiously not good to buy shoes during Chinese New Year.
I might keep sighing throughout the year.
It is okay for me ;)
No difference . . .
Who cares!!!

* Chinese also believes that if you give a pair of shoes as a present to your partner, it will chase your partner away.

1 comment:

  1. We live for ourselves,not for others.Who cares or no one to care also have to live with happiness.This is the meaning of LIFE.

    ReplyDelete

 
Free Blog Promotion - Blog and Blog resource Directory