Saturday, October 23, 2010

Moving into new house

I did not pay a visit to a fortune teller to choose a date to move into my new house.
However, my friend said today was a good day because he paid a fortune teller RM488 to ask the fortune teller to choose a good date and time for his Taekwondo school opening ceremony.
Tonight, my brother would be going for his colleague's wedding dinner as well.
Today should be a good day.

I went to my friend's shop at 3.30 pm.
There were a lot of parents and kids.
Most of the kids are around three to five years old.
Nowadays, become a kid is not easy.
They go for classes even they are still very young.
My friend is the boss and also the "sifu" (master).
Last time in University, he was so active in Taekwondo and would exercise or train everyday.
He had been working with a few companies after graduated.
He worked as a sales engineer in a big company before.
He worked as a sales executive and trainer in a fitness company before.
He started an online shop to sell gym equipment before.
Now, he had his own business that was related to physical training and Taekwondo.
I really envied him because he could earn money while doing something he liked and had interest on.
I felt regret because I did not equip myself with any skills.
I did not try to learn up on the skills that I had interest on.

I went back to my new house after settled everything.
It was around 10.00 pm.
I felt a little tired.
However, I still had to sweep and mop the floor because it was dusty.
I did not do anything before moving in.
I did not spread salt and tea leaves around the house three days before I moved in.
According to my friend, salt and tea leaves were used to chase the evil spirit away.
I also read from an old folk tales book that stated when moved into a new house on the first day, a person should bring along gas, rice, oil, salt, sauce, vinegar and tea leaves.
The person who did this was said to be never run out of these items in the future.
This meant that the person will never need to worry about his life and he will never be in poverty.
I only did one thing.
I switched on all the lights in the house for the whole night.
I guessed this was to bring prosperity and also to chase the evil spirit away.
I took a bath after that.
It was almost 2.00 am.
I slept on the only furniture available, which was my mattress.
I covered myself with my towel when I felt cold as I forgot to bring along my blanket :P

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Free Blog Promotion - Blog and Blog resource Directory