Monday, January 4, 2016

Born in the Leap Year




I am not sure if there is still anyone reading my blog...

I am so "lucky" to be born in the Leap Year.

I am a Leapling.

Some information about Leapling at http://www.infoplease.com/spot/leapyear1.html

There are about 187,000 people in the US and 4 million people in the world who were born on Leap Day.

Just found a club for Leapers http://leapyearday.com/feb29/home

Since I was born, I always think I am special...

However, years after years I begin to think I am not that special... 

I don't even get a normal birthday celebration like any other people. 

I remembered I had a few "Big" celebrations when I was very young (1-6 years old?) or before I went to primary school. 

Then, I barely remembered if I had any birthday parties anymore. 

After that, my family at most just bought me a cake or brought me to Kentucky Fried Chicken to celebrate my birthday be it on a normal year or on the Leap Year itself. 

Since I went to high school, there was rarely any celebrations for me. 

In my memory, there was only one time and the only time that a group of friends held a party to celebrate my birthday... but that one also joint with another female classmate whose birthday falls on 1st March. 

Then, I remembered that I spent my 6th Birthday alone at a karaoke room that I had been singing for almost 9 hours... 

That time my beloved grandmother (mother's side) just passed away. 

On my 7th Birthday, there was still nothing special... 

I had been searching for Free Meals, Free Entries, Free Celebrations etc. for Leaplings through the Internet. 

Then, I went to those places alone... I felt so pathetic and even sadder when I saw others were accompanied by family members or love ones. 

This year it will be my 8th Birthday... I can "sense" that it will not be any special also... 

I have been dreaming to have a vacation or a grand birthday celebration with my love one but it seems that the dream will not come true also this round... 

Maybe it's my problem that I do not have many friends, buddies and also do not have a girlfriend to hold a birthday celebration or even give me any surprises, which may be easily available to any person who does not even born in the Leap Year... 

So... what is so special about being born in the Leap Year?! :(

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Free Blog Promotion - Blog and Blog resource Directory