Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Wasting my Annual Leave just to renew my passport at Immigration Department at JLN Duta

I think a lot of you feel frustrated and impatient when you need to go to government deparment to settle something. I have the same feeling and even headache after been to a few government departments to settle some stuffs. I don't know why the Immigration Department shut down their online application/renewal of passport. I have never used it before but for sure I will use this service rather than go to their counters. I bet most of you will be more than agree if I say most of your first impression for government departments will be slow, time-wasting, time-consuming and inefficient. Today I went to the Immigration Department at JLN Duta to renew my passport. I reached around 1.30 pm. There was a notice at the glass door for Passport Unit stated that all the officers will be having lunch from 1.00 -2.00 pm. All counters would be closed and no one would be working. I saw quite a number of people in front of the Passport Unit. Some were sitting on the benches whereas others had already formed a queue. When it's almost 2.00 pm, more and more people came. Some went to the back to queue but some just stood in front of the glass door and waited for the door to be opened. This kind of attitude was disgusting. I had been queuing since 1.30 pm but they justjust waited in front of the door without queuing up. I had the urge to swear them to have bad luck in the next few weeks =.="
When i got inside, people even cut queue and the queue was disorganized. I got the number around #1300 and the number to be served was #1156 only. Oh my God!!! I almost wanted to yell out. I waited for one and a half hours to get my photo taken for the passport. Then, their system was down for two times within these hours. Although their staff might be faster and more efficient now, their lousy system just needs some upgrades. I still had to wait about 30 minutes to pay for the renewal for two years at the price of 100 MYR. I felt so REGRET! I do not want to experience this again after two years later. If possible, I rather pay for 10 years or more or a few decades. I waited there for more than two hours but in the end they asked me to come again to collect on tomorrow. It's not as stated in their promise to get within the same day after one hour from payment. Do they think I'm so free and no need to go to work that I can go there anytime everyday? I could go there today because I was on Annual Leave. Now, I need to scratch my head again to apply for another half day or full day of Annual Leave just to collect the new passport. It's indeed time-consuming just to get something simple done!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Free Blog Promotion - Blog and Blog resource Directory