Thursday, April 1, 2010

The Offer from UOB Credit Card Centre

Operator : May I speak to XXX, please?

Me : Speaking.

Operator : Mr. X, can I ask you a few questions to verify your identity before I proceed?

Me : Blah...Blah...Blah...

Operator : May I know what is the reason Mr.X want to cancel the credit cards?

Me : Erm...It's because of the RM50 tax that imposed by the government on the principal credit card.

Operator : I see. Would Mr.X consider to take back the credit card if UOB paid the RM50 on behalf of Mr.X?

Me : Oh... How does that work?

Operator : Mr. X only has to perform at least three transactions of any amount within this month and UOB would credit RM50 Smart$ into your credit card and it would be used to pay the tax at the end of the month.

Me : Awesome. Is the offer applicable for both the cards?

Operator : The offer is only valid for a single card. Mr.X may have to choose either of the cards and cancel the other card.

Me : Which card is better and has more benefits?

Operator : Mr.X could get 2% cash rebate for goods purchased at selected shops, 5% cash rebate for movie tickets purchased at Golden Screen Cinema (GSC) and discounts when purchasing items from selected shops by using UOB One Card. UOB Vox Card only offers discounts but there is no cash rebate for any purchases made.

Me : I see. Then, I would take back the UOB One Card but my cards were destroyed after I filled in the cancellation form at the Bandaraya Branch.

Operator : A new card would be posted to Mr.X by next week using normal post.

Me : Okay. You may proceed with the cancellation of UOB Vox Card and maintain the UOB One Card. Thank you.

Operator : Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Free Blog Promotion - Blog and Blog resource Directory